My Life As the Favorite

Wednesday, October 10, 2007


Yea Birthday Eve!
I received a gift today! I'm assuming its from my sisters since Daddy reportedly is holding my gift hostage. As soon as I had gotten settled in from work I got a knock at the door and found this sitting there on my doormat:

Its BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm really excited about it. The only reason I'm not watching the instructional dvd is because I decided that it was important to get some sort of 'thank you' out there first. :) Thank you so much! This will lend nicely to my growing necessity to make meals at home. I'm really really excited about it. This is the second gift I've gotten. I think this is my graduation gift right? Anywho the other gift I got was from my friend Lauren. She baked me a whole bunch of cupcakes and brought them to me last night. (she'll be out of town tomorrow for UT's fall break).

In other news my job is going well. These past couple weeks have been a little on the stressful side, however. The lady that trained me and was working as my boss moved to North Carolina so she was training someone to take her place. The new lady had no real experience outside of nursing so has been very inquisitive lately. This week it has just been she and I and while I know my end of the deal pretty well, she's still struggling a good bit to gain confidence in what she's supposed to be doing. We share an office so anytime she's freaking out about something or asking me what she's supposed to be doing...well...it doesn't make me all that comfortable. I'd rather be working with someone who knew what it was that they were supposed to be taking care of. She has gotten a little better and I imagine she'll chill out a bit once she's been doing it for a while. I can only hope so. I have been doing some extra work via Excel for the other people in the office. It was just something that they'd been interested in seeing. I was really proud of how easily I was able to make charts and diagrams of all the information. They look impressive at least :).

Oh, I can also proudly announce that I no longer work for Applebee's. Soo so so pleased to have no reason to go there again.
Well that's all for now. Hope I'll get to see some of you guys next weekend!

4 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking gadget you got there!

I guess you also got the other "BIG" news. If not, you will have to wait for that person to deliver it.LOL (No pun intended!)

Looking forward to having our gals home next weekend. I can almost hear the chatter now. Birthday gifts are here awaiting their recipients.

XOXO

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean the custom deserts and Margaritas are on you now.
Amazing how, this afternoon, the funk and depression I had been under was lifted.... probably about the time you posted.... Looks like you have a couple of weeks before the TEXTING starts again.

Isn't it amazing how you find you are both the new persoan AND the competent person too!!! I neveer had any doub't. - Dad

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayyy!!! I'm glad your gift finally arrived and that you like it so much!!

Happy birthday!!! (that's not your birthday present, but since today is your birthday)

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad you like your graduation present. I'm going to expect you to bring some sort of processed food next weekend. I don't mean processed as in American Cheese either. Processed as in chopped in your food processor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home