My Life As the Favorite

Monday, September 17, 2007

Well here is the much anticipated blog that I told Daddy I'd write. As you all know by now I got a job last Thursday. I now work at Summit View Health Management and I am a "care coordinator." Basically I help determine whether or not patients can be admitted into various nursing and care facilities based upon their insurance and their health requirements. I wanted to wait until I'd had my first day so I'd at least know a little bit more about what I was talking about with regards to the job. I get paid weekly so I'm fairly happy about that. At least it means steadily incoming funds :). As for the moment I'm still working at Applebee's until I can see what kind of budget I really need to set and how this new job's pay will effect it. Unfortunately, however, my store is a training store and therefore managers are often shuffled through the various aspects of their job while training...one of those tasks being scheduling. The new manager managed to schedule me M-F 5-9, meaning I go directly from my new 8-4 job to the 5-9 at Applebee's. UGH! So I'm going to be fairly exhausted by the end of this week.

In other news I did the kaboodle thing that I THOUGHT other sisters of mine were doing, but apparently after a quick "people" search I discovered that I am alone in that venture. Mommy I think I was talking to you about it. Its an online gift registry where you can basically set up a "wish list" by adding items from various websites that you're interested in, um, obtaining. My information if you're curious is searchable under "jgarrity" and the site is www.kaboodle.com. So with that out there where are your kaboodles? I think this would make Christmas SOOOO much easier.

Ok well that's all i can think of at the moment. I'm pretty tired after my first 13 hour day. :/

6 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world (long hours)! I am pleased for you. Sounds like your job is going to be interesting, but as with almost all jobs, there will be ups and downs. You will get a good feeling from helping some days and others not so much. Just keep in mind, it happens with all jobs regardless, try not to take it personally.

God work!!
XOXO

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant Good work.

XOXO

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I DID set up a Kaboodle...I don't like it very much, but I did it. I'm smasco if you're interested, but you'd probably have better luck with my Amazon list. I was a bit disappointed in kaboodle, but I haven't gotten on there and played with it much yet.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Woo Hoo. I hope all goes well for you. Tell thre Applebees manager that if he wants to keep a good employee like you he had better get his act together.

- Dad

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., I keep forgetting. I'm going to try to start a Kaboodle RIGHT NOW!!!

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Kaboodle list under peachesandscreams. CONGRATULATIONS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home