My Life As the Favorite

Friday, September 08, 2006

Hello hello its my second blog! So I finished my poster for my French class. I was a little irked when all she had us do was point at the pictures and say what they were. I don't like putting effort into things that aren't, in my mind, necessary. I have a French test Monday which shouldn't be too bad. Wish me luck! I had my first paper due today for my African American studies class. The literature for that class isn't so bad, but something about constantly discussing racism gets under my skin. I realize that its a definate problem, but I guess I feel that all the white generalizations about how "we" feel about other races kinda gets on my nerves. I figured clumping people into groups was the problem to begin with.

I'm not really sure what to do with this blog. I don't have a husband or a family to talk about and most of my time is taken up with school and work...neither of which are all that fascinating. Therefore if any of you guys have some ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Its Friday finally!! I guess I shouldn't say finally seeing as how it was an abbreviated week for me w/ Labor Day on Monday. I have the night off from work, so thankfully I'll get to relax for a night..unfortunately that doesn't mean sans homework. I think Andy and I are going to go eat out at Bravo! (the exclamation is in the title...though I am excited lol) Looks like we'll be celebrating Out to Eat Friday too haha. Really I am looking forward to it though. Its soooo good. Its Italian food, which you'd think I'd be sick of, but its not your typical bowties w/ spaghetti sauce that I've had the honor of eating WAY too much of lately. They have things like crab bisque (a huge favorite of mine), sangria, tiramisu, you know the classy stuff :o) . On Friday nights we generally hang out with his friend Will and his girlfriend. I suspect we'll probably end up doing that again. I won't be going to the game tomorrow (shock and awe). I figured I should take the time to make a little cash while I'm a bit behind. Its only Air Force that we're playing anyhow, so I'm not too interested. Next week however will be ridiculous. The tickets that the students get were sold out by 9a.m. this morning. They started giving them out 9a.m. yesterday morning. There were literally lines wrapped around the outside of the UC (university center) building. As many drunk college students as are going to surely be there at that game....I'm not so sorry to not get a ticket. The student section at those games can be either really really fun or really really aggravating. If the game goes well everyone cheers and is happy, no problem. Should the game take a turn for the worse you get an entire section of drunken cussing and solo cups thrown at you from higher up in the stands. Quite the experience. As for Sunday I work that morning and then at night I usually go out with some friends to listen to a guy named Tall Paul play at a local restaurant. He's actually from Nashville and just commutes back and forth playing in different bars and such. It must be a really tough life :oP.

Well I'm going to go check the mailbox for some school book I'd ordered. Please do send ideas for the blog if you have any. I'm worried that its going to be a fairly dull blog. Sorry guys haha. Oh I'll leave you with this: If you have not tried Nutella before do so!! I think Stephanie especially will like it. Its on the peanut butter aisle at the grocery store. Giada talks about it on Everyday Italian alot. I bought some on a whim a few months ago and a wow! lol

6 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Tall Paul!?! Dan and I used to watch him...like 15 years ago! I didn't think he still played there. Anyway, receipts and food are the way to go on your blog. Any outings are also of interest. Enjoy Bravo!. We have not decided on our choice for tonight yet.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told food and purchases are the items of interest. The "in group" call it food and receipts,which makes sense after you know what they are talking about...of course, I didn't.

Your blog sounds great to me. It's just good hearing from you!! we miss you.

Are there any more books not purchased?

XOXO

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog's going great. You jump from subject to subject a bit, which I like.

Bowties with marinara? That's the stuff he's so obsessed with? Blech! Yeah, I bought the kids Nutella. Giada's my favorite, so I'm good with her recommendations. I put it on their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches instead of jelly sometimes. Or on toast or apples, that kind of thing. Ummm, something about the way you said, "you know, the classy stuff", sort of negated the classy part. I read it with a very redneck connotation. LOL Were you by chance smacking gum when you said it? ;)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger StephM said...

Mmmm...Sangria. I make some GOOD sangria. Ask anyone in Martin...it's actually semi-famous. I haven't made any in several months. I know what you mean about thinking your blog is dull, I think mine's dull. I don't think yours is though. Maybe it just seems dull because it's what you do from day to day, but since we're not there, it's interesting to us. I like hearing what you're up to. Yes...food and receipts...and to-do lists (if you make those). That's good reading!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger StephM said...

What IS Nutella?

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, I was wondering when you'd bring up the rear and get yourself some anti-depressants. I don't know what to tell you. It's genetic? I don't know. But 3 out of 4 pillpoppers can't be wrong. ;) I'm just kidding. I have no answer. Take up running...

O.K., and with that I am officially boycotting all of your blogs unless/until you can find it it in yourselves to comment to me too. Geez, do I have to spell these rules out to everyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home