My Life As the Favorite

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Alright guys here goes. Many of you may be disappointed with just how uninteresting my life is, but I'll try to jazz it up if possible. Well I'm busy as conceivably possible. I decided to take a break from homework and entertain you with my newfound blogness. Let's see well hmmm, maybe you'd like to know what's on my to do list study-wise. I know I'm always interested. For tonight I am constructing a poster displaying all of the wonders of Normandie, France. Apparently the leading producers of Camembert cheese (as though I'd ever tried it) and home of Giverny. haha I actually tried to track down Laura's past blogs for pictures. Man, this post is going to be completely unorganized. I have no idea what to type about. Hm, I'm taking a voice class this semester which I am thrilled about! I love singing I don't know if you guys really knew that about me or not considering I'm incredibly shy about it. There are only ten of us in the class which makes it nice to actually get to know classmates for once. I'm used to the 100 or so other peers in most of my lectures. The only thing a little frustrating about the voice class is that she has been really babying us with the music. For instance, we have spent three classes on learning how to sing in a round learning what a quarter note is all about. If this class goes well I may end up taking choir next term since I'll have some space hour-wise. Word on the street is they're going to Carnegie Hall to perform...I could get into that.

Ok I've decided to compensate lack of interesting information w/ pictures from this summer. This one is from my trip to Orlando w/ Andy's Dad and little sister. We're standing in line for some ride at some park...I don't even know. I think its the Aerosmith ride, if you're really concerned. I'm looking a lil sweaty. Love that I got those genes. Mind you, he just shaved his head in this picture...he doesn't always look so bald :oPSo Andy (the guy I'm seeing..come on now) got back from Italy a couple weeks before school started. I think he fell in love with it. Its one of those things that I find myself needing to be patient with though. I'm happy he had a good time, but it can be a little frustrating hearing about it all of the time. I think I'm just jealous. I will say that he came back with a new love adoration for pasta of all types. At first I didn't mind so much, but after the sixth or seventh dinner of penne I began to get a little....oh...over it. As a college student this is a critical blow seeing as how pasta is one of the most affordable things out there. He insists on serving bread and a piece of fruit with each meal too. I suppose its better than microwave pizza. Here's a pic of him and his band that I took and "modified" slightly:

Speaking of Andy, we both have a huge fascination with Jim Gaffigan. If any of you have not heard of him you should really check him out. He's a hilarious stand-up comedian. He's the guy with really blonde hair in the Sierra Mist commercials.

Gosh, how to be entertaining..... Ok I'll ask questions of you guys. Were all of you this dirt poor during college. I'm really getting sick of it. I know, I know..."graduate then"...blah blah blah. I mean I know college life isn't supposed to be the lap of luxory, but I ate a can of corn for lunch... wth? Are we actually going to have this "girl's weekend?" If so I need some notice for work and to build travel money. I really would like to see if there is something similar the dinner program that Jennifer was talking about. I know they have one in Chattanooga because I saw it when I was visiting Andy and his family last time. I would think that Nashville would have something similar.

Here's another from a dance party we had this summer. It was only like seven us, but we're dorks so whatever. I'm making an angry face because I was instructed to do so. as for Andy there in the background...I don't know. By the way this is where I spend much of my spare time..what little that is..just thought you'd be interested. Notice the Beatles on the wall in the background. You know I'm a supporter of that.
Ok well that's it for me today. I need to finish up my poster assignment and read a little for my African Americn Lit. class. I'll try to keep this updated as much as I can..now that I've succumb to the Garrity disease.

5 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting title. Whose favorite are you? ;)

I can email you pictures of Giverny if you need them for something since I don't know if I've even still got them hosted anywhere. The trip was last July 8th or around that, if you want to look up in the blog archives.

I don't can't say my one semester away at college I was that broke but I might have been, seeing as how that was eons ago. I do remember Stephanie saying she used to buy a lot of that Carl Budig (or something like that) ham though because it was so cheap. Although I'm not advising it.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger StephM said...

Woohoo! A Katie Blog...I knew it was imminent (or eminent...whatev).
Yup, I was poor in college, even before I discovered bad things to spend all my money on.
I'd say it'll pass, but...not so much. It gets better though.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are still around. I guess we will at least hear from you, in a fashion,now!

The girls weekend may have to be late into the Fall, because of Brent's football season.

Any word on the nursing program??
XOXO

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I don't really remember being very poor. Now Dan was poor!!! His food budget was like $1.50 a day. Anyhow, here are the drawing results:

Laura drew Stephanie
Jennifer drew Laura
Stephanie drew Katie
Katie drew Jennifer

I had Eisha draw so everything is on the up and up...

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger StephM said...

Oooooh...Katie I need birthday AND Christmas ideas...I also need another freakin' post!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home